Our policy strictly prohibits the following:
1. Distribution, storage, or transmission of any material that may violate any international, federal, state, local law or regulation is strictly prohibited. This includes, but not limited to, material protected by trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property used without proper consent, and material that is defamatory, obscene, or violates applicable laws.
2. Sending spam (unsolicited mail messages), advertising material to individuals who did not request the material. This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements. It also includes posting similar messages to newsgroups. Further federal laws also apply.
3. Forging or unauthorized use of mail header data (spoofing), IP address, network MAC address, or account logins.
4. Attempting or obtaining service or products with intent to avoid payment. Sharing, selling, or distributing internet access between neighbors or remote users is prohibited.
5. Attempts by a user to obtain access to an unauthorized computer resource or account owned by another person (cracking).
6. Activities that cause an intentional network overload or denial of service to any computers, customers or users on any network.
7. Destruction, alteration, or access, or attempt, to any information that belongs to Colorado Wireless Broadband (our network), customers or users.
8. Distributing, advertising, sending, or making available any program, product, or service that violates this policy or any other Internet Service Provider (ISP), which includes the means to send spam, piracy of software, and denial of service attacks.
9. Services that interfere with the use of our network by other customers or authorized users. Each customer is responsible for the activities at their location, by accepting this agreement, is agreeing to ensure that all users abide by this policy. If violations of this policy occur, Colorado Wireless Broadband reserves the right to terminate services or take action to stop the offending customer from violating this agreement we deem necessary, without notice.
Wireless equipment (radio/transmitter/antenna/mast/ac adaptor) remains property of Colorado Wireless Broadband, which is leased to the customer and included in the monthly service charge. If the equipment is not returned within 30 days of service cancellation and in good condition the customer will be charged the MSRP of $395 for the equipment
The customer grants Colorado Wireless Broadband permission to repair, maintain, replace, reposition or remove any equipment owned by Colorado Wireless Broadband on the customer's property at any time.
It is the customer responsibility to protect, secure, and backup their computer. This includes but not limited to installation of a firewall and software that protects against viruses, spyware, and spam. We take the same precaution on all of our servers and use encryption on all wireless network transmission.
Parental controls are the responsibility of the customer. Please visit our website for more information. (http://www.cowireless.net/faq.php)
Installation of equipment may require holes, screws, wire, poles, outlets, and wall jacks to your home or apartment. It is not the responsibility of Colorado Wireless Broadband to reverse any changes made during the installation process. The customer is responsible for the safety, inspection, maintenance and repairs of equipment and property after the installation. Onsite service calls resulting from customer computer problems, faulty customer hardware, broken wiring, router or network misconfiguration will be billed at $39.95/hr, 1 hour minimum charge.
Geographic limitations such as trees and hill may prevent installation of equipment within our coverage radius. Service plans are subject to availability. Customers just beyond our coverage area with a high elevation and no obstructions to our tower may be candidates for service. It is the customer's responsibility to trim any trees that may interfere with signal after initial installation.
Network availability of 100% is not guaranteed. It is our goal prevent network outage and make any repairs as fast a possible. Colorado Wireless Broadband will not be held liable for any network down-time, information lost, or lost productivity. Transfer speeds are maximum rate, not guaranteed, and may vary based on network traffic.
The initial term of service will be for one (1) month and start on the date of this agreement. Following the initial term, the service shall automatically renew for successive renewal terms of equal duration to the initial term, unless customer gives written notice by mail or email of termination at least seven (7) days before the end of the current term. Past due accounts are subject to service suspension and a late charge of $5 per month.
The use of voice over internet protocol (VOIP) is not supported by Colorado Wireless Broadband. We can not guarantee the availability of emergency medical services (EMS), 911 or E911 service on our network.
This Colorado Wireless Broadband conditions of use policy is effective 9/16/2005. We reserve the right to modify this policy, pricing, terms and conditions at any time, without notice, effective upon posting on this website. Please report any violations to us.